View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 05:57 AM
Judi in Ohio

My first Viking was bought when I went to a dealer. He heard me say I was interested in an Elna so he went in the back and brought me out 2 machines, a Viking an an Elna and sent me home with them. He did not know me. That would never happen today, but I bought the Viking. Viking, Pfaff, and Singer are now owned by a corporation that came into my area, took the dealership from these original Viking dealers and gave them to a business I avoided for many reasons. Long story short, I got my first Babylock and never looked back. Babylock is owned by Tacony and many (higher end) are made in the Brother factories. I love my Babylocks, have had Brothers also. I just won't deal with corporations that I know don't protect their dealers. Bernina also did that about 10 yrs back. Heard they took away smaller quilt stores dealerships and gave them to multi brand dealers. I value integrity and both these companies have not shown it.
The sewing machines are fine - Bernina is expensive in the extreme, but if you love them you will pay it. All the machines have raised their game so it is what features make you happy.