Old 11-27-2016, 05:26 AM
SusanSusan33

Love seeing everyone's patches. We did a bit of shopping this weekend. My daughter wanted to go friday so we went to a mall 45 minutes away. Luckily it was quiet as most of the shopper shopped on Thanksgiving... No thank you!! And yesterday for small business saturday I went to the quilt store and got fabrics for my sons bed quilt. Grey and black. And cut the 11 inch squares of fabric. He wants it before Christmas but I doubt I'll finish by then... I still have to fmq my uncles QOF quilt. So it seems I have 3 projects going on at the same time. Yikes... Last night after church we decorated the house for Christmas. Just have to buy/ decorate the tree now...

I sewed/ pressed 62 4 patches and bagged/ organized the fabrics. I wish I had seen the "easy" way to spin because I snipped all my seams before spinning/ ironing them (that was a challenge bc my eyes are getting older). AND I totally forgot that I had the June taylor strip cutter. Lately I've been using the lines on my mat for cutting. So I cut the rest of the 2 inch strips withe June Taylor tool and will tackle the sewing later.

PeaceandJoy- Hope you're feeling better. Your weekend sounded lovely until the food poisoning!

giovio- My grandmother had a singer treadle that I played with as a kid. Makes me sad to know all those tools/ things are long gone. My grandfather must have sold it.

Bluebonnet-I love the little music notes fabric and very smart to pin your until is sets of (10?) together...

Splinter- are you thinking of doing 2 different quilts?