Old 11-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Podunk Princess

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Being a bystander just got too much for me! All I could think about was joining in the fun, so I will be making a half size I'm trying to make it on a buget, so every fabric is from my stash. I'll be using greens/ light teal in place of the purples, a red wine color for the green, a buttery yellow for the yellow and a black and pink floral for the constant. And I found a really pretty neutral for my two-toned 4-patches, which I hope to finish today. I hope I have enough of the constant! I really don't want to buy a special ruler, so I was wondering if any of you veteran mystery-makers know if Bonnie will have suggestions for alternitive methods for the triangles, like the magic 8 method?

Welcome to our group. It's going to be a fun few weeks working on this mystery quilt.

Bonnie will provide finished and unfinished unit sizes for each of the clues. She will show a method using the specialty rulers. If not using the rulers, you can use any other method you are aware of that will give you a unit that measures the same as the size that she provides in each clue. She also said she would be providing templates for some of the units also that can be used in place of a specialty ruler.