Old 12-05-2016, 10:01 AM
KalamaQuilts

NZ, if you stick it out it will probably change how you choose and make quilts.
The first year I did it I chose to do so because I started 5 months of radiation treatment the same day the 1st clue came out.
What I used to say: I HATE cutting.

Now I enjoy it very much because I have experience with Bonnie's methods, and because I can clearly understand how and why to cut the way we do in the mysteries. It is just one step of the fun. I never 'got' that before.

Somewhere along the years I forgot all about finger pressing. Sometimes Bonnie has the quilt assembled before she presses with an iron. ( not always, but it can certainly be done) I love finger pressing

This is the first year I've used Bonnie's colors I think. Part of the fun is how different the same quilt looks with all the alternate choices.

I like how it is broken down into doable bites.
I love using small pieces now, 3" block is way too big
I love how neutrals glow when all mixed together!
I used 15 different neutrals in my Dear Jane...ha. I used 15 different white and whites

Anyway, it also works out perfectly for my stash. I never bought very big pieces, usually quarter or third yards. My stash is made for scrappy quilting. Need a red? Use twenty!

this is my ocra bay done in 1800's reproductions. Bonnie's was red white blue and black I think.
I think I only had 5 blues, it would have been better with more variety.
all good fun! I always tidy up my quilt room before we start which has become a nice tradition for me.
Attached Thumbnails 2011-bonnie-hunter-mystery-orca-bay.jpg  

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 12-05-2016 at 10:05 AM.