Old 12-07-2016, 12:55 PM
RosaSharon

I was also in the need of a new cutting mat. I went through all of the recommendations here, and this is the one I settled on for two reasons. After looking all of them over, this is the only one I saw that has the inch markings with numbers going both directions. I am left handed so this works beautifully for me. I always had to take a black marker and write my own numbers in. Second; the increment marks go all the way across the mat, not just at each side. I love that feature. Otherwise, it is the same quality; self healing as the Olef and other brands. It was only about 10 dollars more than a few of the others, but not more than all of the other brands. I do have to pay for shipping, but saves me a trip across the city to JoAnns, or other fabric stores. Thanks for all of your information here, and especially Terry in the ADK where ever that is. ha.

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
I recently purchased an Alex Anderson Quilter's select mat because I needed a new one at camp and it was on sale at my LQS. it was still expensive and worth every penny.....I love it! My cuts are easier, with less skips and the mat doesn't slip. Am hoping for another sale so I can have one at home.