View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 04:15 AM
petpainter

Red face

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I have EQ7 and am struggling with the learning curve. Each time I start with the basic lessons and I think eventually it will come. I'm a little computer challenged. It seems like the program does a lot, but then the company wants to sell you more books to use with it and I don't understand why I would need that book. There is someone on this board that is very helpful. I asked a question and she explained it and it worked. My problem was that I knew the name of the pattern in question but could not find it. It was there, but listed under a category I was not using. Marcia
Hi Marcia,
I recently purchased EQ7, too.(Eleanor Burns site) and there is definately a learning curve, but with any program that offer so many entities it's worth doing the free tutorials. I printed my manual also.
I do best with classes I can watch, so I just signed up for an online class through their website. It is a forever class like the Craftsy ones, and you can ask questions to the teacher. Also, if u r a student, there is a facebook page the students can post their work and give/ recieve tips! With my embroidery software I could take classes forever before discovering all there is to know, so this is no where as complicated!