Old 12-14-2016, 07:13 AM
joe'smom

Originally Posted by pennycandy View Post
I like that it's only one clue per week. I can work at a slower pace if I'm struggling with a clue. It's also given me time to finish a couple of Christmas projects.

This has been an interesting project so far. At first I was going to use one fabric per color and make it 1/4 size. As the clue have been presented and seeing photos of all the scrappy combinations, I've switched to multiple fabrics per color and thinking of making a half size. Now I've run into a problem with my green choice. I'm not a fan of yellow greens so I went with a green blue teal. When I washed it, I discovered it was much thinner than the other fabrics and I'm not going to include it. Now I'm debating on what to do. If I stick with the teal I found one fabric that works. If we need to go scrappy, I'm not sure what to do. At this point I'm debating subbing another color for the green.
I have seen people go scrappy with some of the colors, and stick with a single fabric for others. I think that would work just fine.

letawellman, if you could find a purple fabric that had variation with light and dark areas, I imagine using squares could serve the same purpose as the 4-patch. I think the 3 1/2" squares weren't offered as an option for this clue because the dark purple and light purple each represent a separate color in the quilt.