Old 12-19-2016, 03:59 PM
SewCraftyGirl

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
So glad that you have the calendars pre-shrunk .... I was thinking in that regard, as Mom never washed her calendar tea towels. They were just for "show" . Plus because I have some never used hand-embroidered linen tea towels that I keep thinking about turning into a quilt. Someday, when I find just the right pattern and fabrics to do it.

Great that you plan to have it done for Christmas .... you can tell your Mom you did it on the installment plan!

Good plan to do a practice sandwich. You may find you need to adjust your tension a bit, to avoid "pokies" so that the two different thread colours meet nicely in the midst of the sandwich. To me, a one thread colour back makes for a much showier quilt.

I'll be looking forward to seeing it as a finished quilt.
Good Luck ... you have a lot of work ahead of you to get it done on time!

.........Now quit hanging out on the internet and get quilting!!
My grandmother also never used them as towels... only for show. But, I washed them because they smelled a little musty (had been packed away for years). I wasn't even think about shrinkage. I lucked out!

".....Now quit hanging out on the internet and get quilting!! "...... have to finish Christmas shopping tonight, then that's my focus!!