View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 04:30 PM
mac

It drove me crazy to find a bag or box to carry everything I needed or thought I would need during a class. I've tried all types of things and ideas, but would finally find them not suitable or would outgrow them. Since I go to a Senior Center every Tuesday, I wanted something that could carry everything all at once. I don't have a picture I can send, but I finally came up with this idea and is has been the best thing possible for me. My biggest criteria was I wanted to be able to see everything without having to unzip a bunch of zippered compartments to see what was in it. A tackle box came close, but really wasn't big enough. Finally I remembered a hint a lady gave me.

I got an office supply 2-drawer caddy. You can get them for about $10 at Walmart, but I actually went to an office supply store for a little sturdier one. At one time Walmart was selling a grocery bag/box for $2.99. It collapsed into a flat thing when not in use. To set it up, you spread it open and a flap goes down and turns it into a square box. I put most everything I needed into those two drawers and then put it into the bag/box to carry it in. It works perfectly. It is not too heavy.

The drawers fit most everything I needed. Any thing bigger than the drawer size, I put in my traveling roller bag with my sewing machine. The supply bag fits over my traveling roller bag and I just roll the whole thing as one unit.

This wasn't my original idea, it came from talking to a lady in line in front of me at Jo-Ann's. She was buying a lot of quilted fabric and when asked what she was planning on making with it she said that she makes it for her drawers that she takes to class. She just puts in 2 zippers, one on each side of the front of the drawers and then just has to unzip the flap in front and her drawers open easily. When finished, she zips it up and puts in on her rolling machine trolley. It was a great idea. It only took me 10 years to get around to doing what she described. I just wish I hadn't waited so long to do it.