View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 05:02 PM
Yvonne

Default Did not prewash muslin - HELP please!

Good Afternoon,
I'm looking for some advice and figured this board is a very large resource for information! I have been working on a quilt for my grandson and it finally dawned on me (now that I've almost got the top completed) that I did not prewash the muslin and that muslin shrinks! (Even if I did buy it in a quilt shop!) Sigh! SO, Now what do I do?
I've washed some samples today and the fabric barely shrunk in one direction but the other, Oh, my!
5"X5" came out about 4 7/8" X 4 1/2"
5"X10" came out 4 3/4" X 9 7/8"
5"X30" came out 4 7/8" X 28 1/2" ----Not good! Not good at all!!!
I've tried to attach a photo of what I've got so far. (fingers crossed that it works) I have one last corner to add and then I'll trim the sides and length to size.
I've not had a pattern to construct this thing. It was just a photo off the internet. I have no idea now where I even found the original but my grandson said he wanted one just like that! So, what's a grandma to do?
Any help or suggestions will be most appreciated.

P.S. I know I've not posted anything in years but I have been around watching and enjoying all of your beautiful quilts and heeding some excellent suggestions here and there! You all are a fabulous resource! Thank you in advance for your ideas!
Attached Thumbnails bb3db33b-053a-49aa-ba7d-3e4808b6f489.jpg