Old 12-28-2016, 07:24 PM
GramE

Ok, I need you all to gather round with your teeny violins to accompany me while I tell my sad story. .

After 14 pillow cases, 6 microwave bowl pot holders, two extra large double layer fleece blankets, one with crocheted edging, I was ready to get to clue five! I made two test squares and both came out fine, so I finished the two strips before nap time arrived. After supper, I thought I'd get to clue four that got skipped over for above mentioned projects. I got 48 pairs of wings cut, not of the fabric I wanted but I could not find it. Arrggh. I'm probably looking right at it. I cut one triangle to go check to make sure I was on the right track. (Who checks the sizing after cutting 48 pairs?) well, it didn't come out, too short in the wing depart.

Ok, no panic, but what did I do wrong. Oops, template says cut 5/8" more than finished square size, I only cut 1/2". Got enough fabric to cut 32 the right way, still looking for the deep purple I wanted to use. So I have my wings & triangles cut to bring to bed to cut off the notches.

Have a couple of things to do before I get settled in, and what before my wandering eyes do I see but 40 pairs of wings in the fabric I couldn't find earlier. I have no memory of cutting them or placing them bedside! Clue 4 is trying to be my undoing but not gonna happen! Having too much fun.

I think this quilt will have an edging of triangles in a square that are 2 1/2". ��

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564520[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1936.jpg  

Last edited by GramE; 12-28-2016 at 07:27 PM.