Old 01-01-2017, 09:18 AM
Jeanne S

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I love this reveal, but it blows my plans right out of the water. I only made about 1/3 of the pieces b/c I was thinking she would do the alternating blocks that she loves to do, and I was going to do the center blocks in the color way I first chose then an outer "ring" of blocks in the same fabrics / colors but w/ the placement different. (so inner ones would have a dark neutral and outer ones a light etc... changing all the colors except the constant) But her oversized blocks w/ pieced sashing stopped me dead in my tracks on that thought. So the reveal is extra big for me b/c I have to go back and make all the ones I didn't make in the first place. I am switching up my "yellow" for me was a WOW fabric, I am changing it to a white background w/ a red (my constant) print that I can fussy cut.
I had the same thoughts--this pattern is so large, I am not sure how a 1/2 unit (in number, not size) will look??? I will work on assembling what I have, but I am thinking it will need to be full size to look right, so I will have lots of more units to make too! What do you all think??