View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 06:10 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Bottom line is, there has always and will always be those who are "snarky and mean spirited" people. It has nothing to do about a certain group or a certain hobby that will change them. Even on here, all though its rare, there have been rude comments. Recently someone made a comment about something that she found interesting and the next thing you knew she was being rung thru the ringers for it. She didn't deserve that. I believe if I can't be nice then I say nothing. Even with my family, including my kids especially now that they are grown, when I don't agree with how they think, I don't agree I just keep my feelings to myself and change the subject. Some battles aren't worth starting and some are never winnable so why start them. I'm thankful for the nice people that I meet even if its online or in person and when I meet someone who has different opinions or rude ones I take it for what its worth. For me, that is nothing. Our members just happen to be a nice group of people and have also learned that sometimes you just have to ignore them. I am glad though that the moderators keep an eye on what goes on this board.

I was watching a webcast the other night on garment making, this lady is great but every once in a while rude people go on there and say really nasty, not rude but nasty comments and they are kicked off. No one has to say a word, like on here, they keep an eye on things. Thanks to all the nice people and the moderators who take care of the ones not so nice.
so well said i decided your entire comment should be repeated. and, i too, wish to thank the moderaters for their great work here.
tessagin ..i, being a short nerdy personality who has evolved into a shorter nerdy personality with gray hair, has been a favorite target of bullies my entire life ..i have taken to heart the admonishment "get over it" ...it works ..it hurrts ..but i just get over it. thank you on behalf of other targets of bullies for carrying on the defense quietly in the back ground.