View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 06:40 AM
waltonalice

Whoops, I just read page two of this thread. Twoxover, I can see that your shop is offering a complete introduction course and that you have to equip yourself with the foot and at least one set of rulers, meaning that you are making a big commitment before you've had a chance to figure out whether you'd feel comfortable with them. In my case, I tried FMQ, but failed completely, so I was intrigued when I visited Quilters Corner and saw the variety of designs available and the comparative ease of using the rulers. Then I watched some Westalee videos (and love the Australian accent because the lady's pronunciation reminded me of our exchange student's Aussie talk). Then I paid for a ½ price Craftsy course and found the instructions to be detailed, even fool-proof. Then I saw the foot and beginner set of rulers on sale at Quilters Corner. I've bought an additional 2 sets on sale. Meanwhile, I lost my grandson and then had a double mastectomy (recovering nicely, with good prognosis, but I'm very behind in my quilting). Now, I have time and opportunity to take the hands-on course. My shop is charging closer to $40 for the 4 hour course, and there will be approximately 15+ people taking it, by the way. I still feel that these rulers can make it fairly easy for the average person to create some beautiful designs.