View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 10:05 AM
sweet

It is going to be crowded! Look up parades and routes and the cities they will be in. May fun parades are in adjacent small towns, like Metairie(big fun), Slidell, Covington, Madisonville(boats), and others. Think about other non-mardi gras stuff like local museums, the aquarium, the zoo. I think the WWII museum is closed right now for carnival, not positive.
Look up local news web pages for lists, WWLTV, WGNO, FOX8. Mothers poboy is unique, if you like getting getting cheesy/sleezy comments about you when they prepare it, long lines. Magazine street is a wonderful walk visiting antique shops. Find Simone of New Orleans and take home a unique treasure, he does neat sayings, a nice older frenchman. Oh yea, there's frenchman street with lots of music and good food. Oh and that bar with great burgers, hmmm can't think of the name. Safety first everywhere, stay in groups, stay on the main drags at night. Oh, when street people come up to you and say I know where you have your shoes or something like that, brush em off. They scam like, ya got em on Bourbon Street. Be aware of a degree of lewdness with people picking up their tops for beads (men and women). You are welcome to msg me if you have any thing to ask. Hope I will see it! Have BIG fun! enjoy....

Last edited by sweet; 02-12-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: typo