View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 02:06 PM
WMUTeach

Just returned from my first trip to NO on Friday. Jackson Square, the Cathedral, and take time to look at the shops around the square. I found a beautiful little, wee tiny shop, Rendezvous Linen & Lace, 622 St. Peters Street, http://www.therendezvoustavern.com/ It is filled with handmade items of white linen, trimmed with beautiful lace and embroidery. They had little girl dresses, baby hats, hankies, table runners, table cloths and oh so much more. Shop has been around of years and years. The sales clerk is also one of the sewers and has been at the shop for 26 years.

My second is a trip to Bourbon French Perfume. The company has been in existence since early 1800's. They make their own perfumes right there in the shop, 805 Royal Street. They will blend to your own taste right on the spot or you can by from their selection. <cite class="_Rm"> </cite>A lovely break from all of the wildness of NO. <cite class="_Rm">www.neworleansperfume.com

I had a marvelous dinner at The Red Fish Grill on Bourbon Street. A nice place to eat and not a dive. Good selection of sea food and EXCELLENT service. No reservations needed but we did make one just in case.

It was recommended by a family member to take one of the city tours to get a sense of the whole city not just the French Quarter or the Garden District. I was in NO for a conference and did not have time to see the city as a whole. I am sure there are many, many other wonderful places but these three rise to the top for me. Bring your walking shoes...... you will need them.

</cite> <cite class="_Rm"></cite>