View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Vintagerosettes

Default Hello everyone from Suffolk, England!

Hello everyone!
So pleased I have found this forum! I was a subscriber to the UK Sewing Forum until it disappeared, and I know a lot of folk are desperate for it to be up and running again - we are missing our fix!

Ive been sewing for a lot of years, Grandmother was a Milliner and Great Aunt was a 'Court dressmaker" (my skills are not that good!)

But, I have just discovered the joys of patchwork and FMQ - and am delighted with the results so far. I love old machines, have a Singer 99 hand crank, a Singer 201K which is perfect (
electric) a Singer 401G which sews like a monster, and only this week, a Singer Touch and Sew 760, which arrived in filthy condition, was duly cleaned and runs beautifully, even all the cams work!

I also own a Pfaff Performance 5 - which I really don't like! It was to be my dream machine.......but isn't! My old ones out perform it every time! I have a brother overlocker, which simply does its job well......

Im looking forward to reading forum posts and hearing all about others love for old machines!