View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 07:45 AM
Ann Marie O

Originally Posted by Lena1952 View Post
I staple my prices with a household stapler. Remove by lifting one leg from the back side,once piece is appliquéd, turn to the front and carefully unhook last leg. Leaves no visible holes, is secure and no pins to get thread caught in while sewing. If I can not reach to staple, I simply baste in place with very large stickers and regular sewing thread. And remove baste thread once complete. The only time I use fusible is if I have piece that just doesn't want to felt well and has lose edges. Then and only then will I use fusible. Some people use it all the time but I just plain don't like to sew through it. You may also want to use an interfacing on the back of your base fabric if using cotton to give the background more stability. But if your blocks are not big, it will not be necessary. Relax, have fun and enjoy learning something new. I hate traditional appliqué work but love wool. Just be careful. It can be a slippery slope and you will end up with both a cotton stash and a wool one too��
Thanks - I can already see my "stash" of wool growing - lol