Old 02-24-2017, 05:59 AM
kdoublea

Default Puckering Machine Quilting

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
Are you using a walking foot? Did you stretch your backing & top taunt when you sandwiched it all together? Do you use basting pins to hold it all together? Even when I use basting spray I still use some basting pins to keep it all together. When I have a quilt that is too large to sandwich together on my table top I have to do it on the floor. I will tape the backing to the floor (pulling it taunt) and then tape down all the sides with sealing tape. Then I layer my batting and then cover with the top (again stretching it taunt & taping the top to the floor. After that is done I will pin baste. If I'm doing all this on my sewing table I use industrial clamps to clamp the back & top to the table instead of having to use tape. Hope this helps. Please don't give up. Try a different method.
I agree with what you are saying about pinning and even if you use a spray, it may be necessary to add some pins just to make sure everything is being held in place. Please note that the proper word is "taut" meaning tight and not "taunt" which means to tease!