View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 06:59 PM
TrishL75

Default I tried this yesterday..

...But I let my login expire before I hit submit, so here we are again.

A long time ago (23 years?) my older sister tried to teach me how to quilt, but it was all hand sewing and I was a teenager, so it didn't stick.

I'm currently in far West Texas; as far as you can get before you hit New Mexico. I'm in the military, and married to a man in the military; we're going to have to transition to our first post-retirement jobs in about four years.

I got into crafting in 2008; my husband let us go to his mom's house for Christmas without gifts. I managed to knit a simple scarf in time to have something under the tree, and then found out that knitting was actually something I was pretty good at. My philosophy was that it's only yarn, so I ended up doing some pretty advanced techniques early. I suspect I may end up the same way with quilting, because I'm putting together my first ever quilt, and I'm planning to FMQ it. (Best I can describe it is a very simplified Bargello - 2.5" X 10.5" strips staggered - I'm planning on a simple 1.25" border cable down the strips)

I've already received three welcome posts and PMs, so I know this is going to be a great place.