View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 10:21 AM
WMUTeach

Oh, how I relate to your problem. I work full time and everywhere I go I see quilt patterns in the floor tiles, the bathroom walls, the brick of the buildings. I then go home exhausted and have no energy to even clean off the sewing table. My solution is........................ I will be retiring in December. I am looking forward to being able to sew at the start of my day and not after all else is finished.

Put those UFOS in one place and set a goal, maybe one a month. Then be proud of finishing "something" and move on. Some folks get all distraught about a neat sewing area. Attack it in pieces if it is over whelming. You need a place to sit you machine? Clean that area. Another time you can get all of your clear templates in one place or all of your thread. I recall from one of those "get your life organized" web sites to take on a task for 15 minutes then stop. Do what can be done then give yourself the grace to relax and return to the BIG clean up again at another time for .... 15 minutes. It is always surprising how much can be done in just 15 concentrated minutes. (I still do this after maybe 6 or 7 years.)

Those gift cards, WOW what a treat. I would purchase wide backing in neutrals that I frequently use! Or a good storage system, or a clear extended arm for my machine or, or , or I could go on and on. Think beyond fabric. Sounds like you have plenty of that. Bottom line, Crispy_Frog, enjoy your bounty!