Thread: "Weigh In"
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:47 AM
laparshall

I cut up lettuce and fill my salad spinner (got mine as a gift, but you can find them most anywhere) It really does keep the lettuce for quite a bit longer. We keep tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots on hand. We keep several other salad fixin's handy too. On the weekend I usually boil some eggs (protien). DH will also cook a big batch of chicken tenders (skinless breast). He usually has shrimp (about 12 med shrimp for 1 WW point). When I come in from work, and need something quick, I grab a handful of nuts (1/8 cup) and start pulling salad fixings out, shredded cheese, beets, sun flower seeds, or walnuts. Within 15 minutes I have a beautiful salad with chicken or shrimp, I keep sliced deli turkey in the fridge also. Since I am on Weight Watchers, I am counting the points as I go. The more points I have left for dinner, the more stuff I put on the salad.
I also use the frozen entrees. Those are ready in about 5 minutes, they taste great, and actually go very well with a salad if you are feeling like something hot.

I think the key is planning. Prepare stuff on your day off or the night before. At first, I felt sorry for myself, having to do all of this work to prepare for meals, but once I started seeing results for my extra effort, I just accepted that it was a healthy thing to do. Now I go to the produce store 2 times a week. I try to choose different items for salads. I also bring fruits and veggies and other healthy snacks to work with me and eat something every couple of hours. That way I am not famished when I walk in the door at the end of the day.

No more eating a 1/2 bag of chips while I am waiting for the pizza to be delivered. The guilt has been eliminated.
And boy I have so much more energy.