Thread: Baby Lock Jazz
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 07:10 AM
simpsonfs

Originally Posted by Busy Hands View Post
Does anyone have a Baby Lock Jazz? There is a special on this machine at a shop close to me and I was wondering how you like it. The only stitches I use are the blanket stitch and zig-zag so the 28 stitches would be fine. I do free motion quilting and thought the harp size would be a great help.

Thanks for your input.
I was ready to make the deal on the Babylock Jazz upgrading from a Babylock Quilters Choice Professional (a precursor to the Babylock Jane) to enjoy some straightline quilting from a few different stitches. I learned that the Jazz did not have a needle down feature....not a button....nor foot pedal feature. It was a deal breaker for me. I think someone looking for a mechanical machine with a large harp like the Jazz is getting a good machine. However, my dependency when quilting on the needle down feature just wasn't worth having the few additional stitches. I absolutely love my Babylock QCP but it only has a straight stitch.... You would need to make your own decision on that. Instead I just purchased a Babylock Imagine serger with the jet air threading...o my wonderful!