Old 04-21-2017, 09:01 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I agree with Macybaby on the maintenance kit and stand alone winder. You may end up liking prewound bobbins better but it is nice to have the winder. Lighting is always a major thing. On my LA my DH installed track lights over my LA and those work great but what I really love is a special LED/blacklight combo that is installed right around my needlebar. I LOVE it and now that I have it, can't do without it. So definitely see what that optional light kit is for $249.

I understand Gammils are oil hogs. And I guess that must be so as the start up kit has a quart of oil Wow, they are oil hogs. I have had my LA (Innova) for 7 years and I am still on my first little 4 oz bottle of machine oil (zoom spout).

But you can pick up gallon jugs of machine oil on line for $25 so like Macybaby, I would take a pass on the startup kit

Also don't be afraid to negotiate with your dealer. Say you only like a few accessories, ask them instead to give you free setup and delivery or something. Many will negotiate on stuff like that.