View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 10:12 AM
sunkistmi

Pam, I sent you a PM. I like the pattern with the smaller amount of floral best but like the large too. I wonder what would happen if you made the floral a true square without that little red triangle. It would interrupt the whole line on that side, though. I am just amazed at artists like you that can "see" the fabric made up in something like this. I can copy something, anybody can do that, but have a very hard time just making up something. I have gotten better at changing fabrics in an existing pattern using fabric from my stash but it's still difficult and I end up with a raging headache. Maybe it's a matter of the more you do, the better you get. I suppose the EQ6 helps too. I remember one of the first quilts I did, a baby quilt, I colored in graph paper. It had fussy cut little baby animals in the squares w/triangles. It was hand pieced and quilted. Just found the 'hard' picture, must have been from 1975. I was so naive, lol. Anyways, I am enjoying your process of creating this beautiful quilt. Thank you for letting us be a part of it.
Wendy