Old 05-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Default Any tips for making quiet books/busy books?

I have become fascinated by the pages I've found on Pinterest and want to try my hand at it. Will do some experimenting, but thought I might avoid some pitfalls by asking here first.

My plan is to make the pages out of felt, but with bosal ironed in-between to give some stability. Later on, I am thinking of doing fabric pages so the book can be cleaned a little easier. Especially for babies and toddlers, I am wondering how many germs might accummulate in these books. Any tips about how to construct the pages would be appreciated.

How did you bind your book? I am torn between creating individual pages so pages can be swapped out, or just sewing the book together. For the first book, I am thinking to keep it simple and just make double pages out of felt (with the bosal cut into page-size pieces before sandwiching) and sewing the pages together down the middle. This will be more of a baby/young toddler book so I am thinking not too many pages in the book.

How do these stand up over time? I am wondering about putting so much effort into pages that might later be unwashable.