View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 01:08 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Alice Woodhull View Post
Indiana - Greensburg, the Tree City, where the courthouse has a tree growing from the top, thus the Tree City Located half way between Indianapolis and Cincinnati. There is a wonderful quilt shop located on the Courthouse Square, Tree City Stitches. It is the nicest shop in this area with a great selection of fabric plus a lot of samples already made up. There is a wonderful restaurant just a few doors down, Stories, famous for home made pies and tenderloin. There are a lot of other shops around the courthouse so it would make a wonderful day trip from either of the big cities.
I'm in Indianapolis now. We passed through Greensburg on route to see family in Indianapolis for over 40 years when we lived in south east Indiana on 5 acres and the nearest town was Manchester which has a general store and a few churches and the truck stop is a nail. I did go see that exquisite quilt shop down town Greensburg and the antique shops recently. My husband likes the music shop. I liked that old hardware store, too - is it still there - I forgot... I like looking at the old houses. There is a very nice park outside of town. We used to meet at that park and picnic since it was half way. Some times you can see people jumping out of airplanes. Greensburg is a small down that has grown up a lot over the years well worth a stop on the tour. See - no town too small for this tour.

I love it when local people are the tour guides. Google tells you only what Google is paid to tell you. Keep up this tour, I'm loving it. My Mom will, too. She is house bound and I'm the care taker. She turned 91 last week.

Last edited by miriam; 05-13-2017 at 01:15 PM.