Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 AM
quilt_mommy_2001

Cathe - Thank you for all of the wonderful advice! The sample is a great idea...I hadn't thought of that yet, but I will definitely do it. I'm thinking of more of a one on one basis, though I figure some people may want to come with a buddy. Until my youngest is in school I don't know if I could handle large classes out of my home. I have never finished a project I've done in a class, lol*, so I definitely won't be offended! Usually because I make so many goofups, I'd rather start from scratch at home with my new found knowledge! My Mother is a sewer but not a big quilter, so she often asks for help with binding and quilting, so I'm thinking the $10 a lesson, on whatever it is they need to learn will work. Either from start to finish, or just a lesson on binding or hand quilting. Whatever they want to learn. SO GLAD you pointed out the one iron issue - I had thought we'd share my iron anyhow, but now I know that is a must. Thank you so much for all of your help! :)

Reva - I'd planned on being fairly relaxed also, and am not extremely concerned about going over the hour limit, as long as it's within reason and I'm not taken advantage of. But in all honesty, I would probably pay someone else so I could blab about quilting, so, I think this is going to be a lot of fun for me! Lol*

Thanks for all of the advice and ecouragement, I'm pretty excited now! :)