View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Innov8R

I would like to make a suggestion. I saw your post about it being a culture shock, and I know that it can be difficult to adjust. When I got my new fancy machine, I bought a 50 yard roll of stabilizer off of Ebay and cut it into pages and punched holes in them for a loose-leaf notebook. I cut pieces of plain dark fabric to use with the stabilizer pages and started testing every stitch on my machine. I had to learn HOW to do things as I went. I spent the better part of 2 weeks going through every stitch except the embroidery. I assembled my "samples" in my notebook with any notes I made as I went along. I use that notebook all the time. Janome provided pictures of the stitches, but absolutely nothing compares to looking at samples of actual stitches done in white thread on a dark background. The process takes patience, but it also helps you get comfortable with your machine and develop some concepts about the way things are done. You get to try all your feet and accessories and LEARN. This honeymoon experience with my machine has helped me more than I can say. I hope you will take time to get to know this machine that will become such an important part of your life.