View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:20 AM
Sephie

I'd forgotten about the Blue Ribbon Quilt Shop. I'd heard great things about them, so I had stopped in for a couple fabrics a few years ago, but I got snarked at by the lady ringing me up when I asked if they accepted a certain credit card (amex) and haven't been back since. They seemed to have a nice selection of fabrics so if you're in the Wylie area, I hope your experience is better than mine!

Have also heard great things about Urban Spools. Thomas Sewing Center in Mesquite (is this the one in Town East you were referring to, bkay?) is primarily a sewing machine retailer and yes, agree that they aren't very nice.

Hmm there was a cute little shop in Arlington too that I can't remember the name of right now...

Happiness is Quilting in McKinney is an adorable little shop on the downtown (historic) McKinney square which is also a really neat. In this part of Texas, most of the cities (suburb areas, but they do things weird here in DFW) have a "downtown square" business area that usually has a "green" and an old city hall type building plus lots of local businesses. There are several quilt shops in McKinney and if you're into shopping, it's just barely north of Allen Premium Outlets shopping center.

Last edited by Sephie; 05-30-2017 at 07:27 AM. Reason: another shop!