View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:22 PM
oops

Definitly, the fabric talks to us. Last year I made a lap quilt and as I was working on it , it told me to give it to Linda. I really was just trying out the pattern. It made three trips to Penna and when I didn't see her, I brought it home. Others looked at it and liked it, but it kept telling me don't you dare give me to anyone else. Finally this past month, I came across it again. Again it said LINDA. I haven't seen this lady in many years.
She got it and said it was on her table as she wanted to enjoy it for a while everyday. :P She was so pleased that I thought of her and so I wrote back and told her that it told me to give it to her.
Fabric has to talk to us before we can make something. We might start it and not want to finish it. Two years ago I had started a quilt (lap size but big enough for a single bed.) We were getting ready for our family reunion, so it finally told me to take that UFO and make it for a door prize. So yes, fabric talks to us or we wouldn't have so much. Isn't it fun to dig in a stash and finally have it tell you what it wants to be? :roll: