View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 07:41 AM
JediMom

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post

JediMom - Tiffany is my favorite decal set. When I first read I was thinking that the wood base what was broken, but maybe you mean a metal piece of the machine??? Perhaps replacement part would be in order?

Please NO lamp.
No, it isn't the wooden base, nor a metal piece broken. It is a piece of the iron base underneath the machine that is busted off. I figure it was donated that way to Goodwill, or possibly it could have happened at the donation place. (I can't get pictures to upload onto the board for some reason. Otherwise, I'd post one to show you.) Regardless, I don't have the other piece of iron to even attempt JB Weld. I have repaired many a Singer over the past 5 years, and this one truly is irreparable. It really is too pretty to turn into a boat anchor, which is what it is. IF I decided to make it a lamp, what I would actually do is turn a wooden base into the lamp, and place the machine into the base. I would NEVER put an actual lamp kit inside of a machine like I have seen on Pinterest. The base would be a lamp, and the machine just a "pretty" placed inside the base.