Old 07-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Kassaundra

Bonnies quilts are busy, they have primary, secondary, and tertiary patterns, that is what makes them interesting. She adds another layer to that in that she does all scrappy. She always gives instructions for those who don't want to do scrappy. I think scrappy is much more complicated to get to look good, I've done several of her quilts and have always done yardage. I have always chosen my own colors, but if you do that it is best to read her comments about the colors she chose, you can get clues to help decide what colors you may want to substitute. Her individual pieces are not complicated they are basic quilting units, however they are smaller then most quilters are used to using, and there are LOTS of them. It is not uncommon to make 250 hst in a week or 180 four square blocks that finish 3 inches.
Originally Posted by Ioftheneedle View Post
This is all new to me. Are her quilts generally moderately complicated? I am interested but couldn't get her blog to come up correctly. I do love the colors. When you go to get paint chips do you decide on color values or is it suggested by her.