Thread: Lone Star
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 06:36 AM
wesing

Thanks for your comments, folks. Looking at the quilt in the light of day it doesn't seem as bad as it did when I posted. If I can figure out a way to disguise how not straight the sides will be, I think I will leave it as is. I was dreading taking out that center seam because the only diamonds that don't line up are the center pink ones. If I get them and the outside lined up I think all the others will be out of alignment and it will look even worse. My takeaway here is that those background triangles need to be oversized, and if I can get the diamonds to line up, I will let the star float in background.

To those who say they'd like to try a Lone Star, the tutorial I used is here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDxMYdT1H-Q . It is easy to follow and she explains both the hows and whys. That fits my style of learning because it helps me remember what I've learned. She used 3" diamonds, but I reduced mine to 2". In hindsight, 3" might have given me a bit more fiddle room, but I wasn't really thinking that way when I started cutting.

I appreciate the encouragement you all have provided and the constructive ideas for correcting the star. I will post more pics later in the process.

Susie -

I haven't posted any new pics of her in a while. After this is posted I will check my pics and see if there is anything I could add to the Emmaline thread. Thanks for asking about her. She is visiting her cousins in FL and my wife is in TX helping her brother at MD Anderson. I am really missing them both.

Darren