View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Oksewnsew

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I just spent a little less than $20.00, tax included, for 5 - 45MM Fiskars blades at Walmart yesterday. That was after trying Harbor Freight's $1.99 package of 2 carpet blades. They were worse than the dull blade they replaced. The last time I had a JA's coupon for 40 or 50% off anything, their blades were still even more expensive than Walmart. I looked on Amazon and they have all manner/brands of rotary blades with a wide variety of prices, a lot as inexpensive as $1.00 or so per blade. The same brand I bought at Walmart, Fiskars, was $15.62 with tax (I'm on Amazon Prime, so no freight charge), so you're still talking over $3.00 per blade. Have you tried any of the oddball brands on Amazon?

I just read this thread, looking for a less expensive option: Rotary Cutter Blades. Some people said Harbor Freight's carpet blade was good and worked well. My one experience was awful. (Maybe I got a bad batch, but I'm glad I was cutting sashing, as all those nicks and boo-boos can be cut off when I square up.) Did Harbor Freight's carpet blade give you good results?

Some say the sharpeners work. Some say they are useless. They range in price from $15.00 to the $50.00 range and some were more expensive than that. Did they work for you and which one did you buy?

This site was mentioned on the thread. Has anyone tried it? http://ormkraft.com

Since I've retired, I'm trying to watch my spending more carefully. $4.00 for a rotary blade seems rather excessive at this time of my life. However, even at $4.00 each, I'm not ready to go back to scissors.

What solutions have you found?

bkay

Hi, thought I'd insert my 2 cents.. I have used these blades for quite a time now, & reordered, I love them, they cut thru multiple layers and stay sharp a very long time. I've been very happy with them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041V8SQ2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AMX5T13O2KBVS