View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Sleepy Hollow

Last one for now, need to get back to work!

This is one of my favorite blocks. Every summer we would go to state fair. We'd spend a few days there as my older siblings were usually in 4H competitions (cooking for all three, dog showing for my sister). Then of course my dad was in his bbq competition. We'd spend a lot of time in the barns (dad loved looking at the cows and big draft horses). We'd watch the drafting horse shows/competitions. And we'd look at the rides we didn't get to go on (too expensive with five kids).

After a long week (we'd rent an RV), we would get to go to Enchanted Forest. We'd spend all days going through the little houses, mines, etc. I would spend hours and hours on the slides (they'd usually just set up lunch at the shoe slide while I went down over and over). There are photos of every one of us exiting the Alice in Wonderland maze through the keyhole. Then we'd go watch the plays put on at the top of the hill (I always thought they were "old people", but realized when I took my son that they were usually high school kids.)

They couldn't wait to go with the grandkids (niece is going for the first time this summer, hopefully).

So, the enchanted forest block. I had to figure out how to make each block, but luckily I had an old souvenir mug I could use to get basic shapes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576544[/ATTACH]

Humpty Dumpty is pretty early in the park.

The keyhole exit from the Alice in Wonderland maze (I tried to get the colors as close as I could)

The "Old Lady in the Shoe" slide. You pick up a blanket on your way inside, and then use that to go down the slide fast. It used to have a drop at the end, with the floor covered in straw (which I ended up getting in my back more than once). When I went back with my son, they had extended the slide to go to the ground, so no more drop and no more straw.

The witch's scary dungeon (you would walk in through a door in her hair, and exit down a slide that came out her mouth). Inside would be a prince chained up in a cell, a witch boiling someone in a cauldron, etc.
Attached Thumbnails enchanted-forest-edited.jpg  

Last edited by Sleepy Hollow; 07-14-2017 at 08:29 PM.