View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 06:32 AM
GramE

Originally Posted by mrshalibut View Post
I have a big question. I'm not understanding what it is this group does. Say person A sends in 12 fat 1/8s. Do they coordinate? Do they all go to one other person who uses them to make 12 blocks for person A? Or, do 12 people get an 1/8 and make a block using that and their own fabric? Then, does Person A make one block for 12 different quilters, or 12 blocks for one quilter? How do you know what other fabric to use - just something that goes with theirs?

I'm really intrigued, I just am not sure I know what's going on!
well, I send my 19 fat eighths to the coordinator, Janice, and she sorts them into 19 piles. Then when she gets the other 19 ladies packs of fat eighths she divides them up. Then she send each of us a squishy envelope with 19 different fat eighths. There are usually instructions on what the fabric owners would like in shades of color or theme but we make our own vision for that fat eighth. Then we pack them back in the squishy and send them back to Janice who faithfully sorts them back out to the rightful owner & drops them in the mail to us! You might check on the very first page, I think there are very detailed instructions. I just kinda gave you the skinny.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576560[/ATTACH]
This is the blocks I made for my first Boom!
Attached Thumbnails img_1329.jpg