View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:02 AM
susie-susie-susie

I took lessons at a local quilt shop and was able to rent time on her Gammill. I loved it. We had to buy zippers to load the quilt--took a few minutes when you got to the shop, so you weren't wasting time preparing to load the quilt. We used pantograms and it usually took about 4 hours to quilt a medium sized quilt. This shop has since closed, and I have no where to rent, so I bought quilting rulers, and they intimidate me and I've been hesitant to try they. Crazy I know but I will eventually get to it.

Now for your problem, buyers remorse is a horrible feeling. I don't have that problem (my dh says I would be broke except for HIS remorse) He frets about every house we have ever bought (3) and every car (probably hundreds--every 3
years for 55 years) for some reason when the item is for him, no remorse or at least much less. Funny how those things work. I can't help it if i NEED (want) more that he does. lol

My opinion is that you are allowing everything that you could have spent that money on to color you opinion. Sometimes you need to buy something that you simply want and when you happen onto a "deal" like your Gammill you just have to
go for it. If you didn't, you would probably regret it. The price you paid for your Gammill was probably 1/3 the new price. Also, one class is not enough to become profecient keep up the practice--what can happen? You may have to rip out a bunch of stitches. Use "practice" fabric so you can throw it away if you are not happy.

Well, so much for my "advise" now I just have to use it. lol

Sue