View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 04:54 AM
Rhonda K

Originally Posted by Maggie_Sue View Post
Looking for advice about downloading purchased designs. Is there a better way to do this? Currently I down load the zipped file. Then extract it to a file or CD. This usually contains 9 different files for different embroidery machines. I only want the version for my machine. Right now I go to each down load and delete the versions I do not need this is very time consuming. Any one have a better way to do this task??? Also sometimes there are files inside files. How do you deal with these???

There are a couple of options for your designs.

If using Windows, press the ctrl key and then hi-lite the ones to delete. Hit delete and all the selected files are gone. Easy & fast. Just be sure the desired format is NOT selected when you hit delete.

Second option that I like better.
Create a new folder with design name. Find the desired format and do a "copy/paste function into the NEW Folder. Some people call this method "drag/drop also. Be sure to also copy/paste the tutorial if available.

You can move this file into alpha order if you want or put under design categories. If you are starting out with designs, now is the time to organize them into specific files.

Then you can delete the entire zip file and the original file.

Have fun!