View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:29 PM
CathyL

[QUOTE=bkay;7870156]Are those two veneer spots in the front the only missing places? I'm still working on my first veneer patch. I had to remove it, as the veneer was too thin. Glenn said use a double or triple layer. So, I'll do it again, as I have plenty of veneer. It's not that hard to do, or that expensive. At Rockler, the wood working chain store, they have packages of 3 sheets of 8 X 10 veneers for about $10.00 (depending on the wood). You wouldn't need over 1/2 a sheet.

Let me know how many spots you have. I might be able to send you enough to do that patch.

bkay[/Q

That's the worst of the veneer, but the whole bottom has rotted. 4" in front are gone and the rest is delaminated. I'm thinking that I'll just get a piece of oak plywood to replace it, but there's some molding missing, too, and more that's just about to fall off. It's not going to be 'new' again.
If you do have a tiny piece of veneer that would match, I'd love to have it. I hoped that I could get veneer locally, but apparently not. I got a chunk from a furniture repair guy but it's not a good match.