View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:04 PM
Sleepy Hollow

More blocks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577191[/ATTACH]

Another leaf my SIL paper pieced. They turned out really pretty. Along with one of the diamonds she made for filling holes.

The flower baskets remind me off all those flower arrangements Mom's made over the years.

She also has a few old Singer sewing machines. She has one that is supposed to go into a cabinet, and has told us that that machine is to go to SIL, as SIL has the cabinet and no machine. My mom is a very generous person, especially if you can use something she has. But you might have to wait until she is done with it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577192[/ATTACH]

Another leaf by SIL, along with a frog. I'll have to remember to ask her for the frog pattern!
My mom loves frogs, and they all go by "Fred". We used to use the pool at a friend's house (it was a big pool, much larger than our little one at home). The water was routed straight from the creek so it was super cold. Frogs would sometimes hide under the deck, and if they got splashed, they'd come swimming in the pool with us.

More than once she raised frogs from tadpoles in a little water fountain at home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577193[/ATTACH]

Filler and border fabric... My parents both love old farming equipment. A nearby town has a "Threshing Bee", and we'd go to that every year. Actually, remembering this made me remember something else, and I'll have to go back and "adjust" a block by putting a hole in the bucket... As sheriff, dad was very much in the public eye, but even before that, he and my mom would do little acts in stage shows. The "famous" one was "There's a Hole in the Bucket". They had a special bucket they used, with a big hole. Along with a stick, a stone, a rock... and some big overalls and straw hats. I don't know how I forgot about this when putting the quilt together!

As for the jars... My parents can a lot, and in the past few years I've helped them. I usually have to head to the store or something on my way home, and would end up going with cherry juice, tomato juice, or some other stuff splattered on my shirt. So, I made a canning apron I put some of the scrap from the apron on the border. (I wish I could find more of this fabric! JoAnne's isn't carrying it this year, and I only have a small scrap left.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577194[/ATTACH]

More sewing machines on the border. I knew I had this fabric, and wanted to make a block with it, but I lost it! I finally found it right when I was cutting fabric to make the border, so I was able to get it in the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-machine-leaf-diamond.jpg   frog-leaf.jpg   canning-jars-farm-equipment.jpg   sewing-machines.jpg