View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Sleepy Hollow

Last set of fabrics...!

The three of us had talked about different ways to represent the kids and grandkids in the quilt. I thought about a block with stick figures, but when putting the quilt together, I had a long strip of blank space. So, I decided to add a piece of fabric to represent each child and grandchild.

The kids:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577237[/ATTACH]

My oldest sister went to University of Oregon when I was 5 (youngest sibling was a few months old). My older brother joined the marines the summer before I went into Jr. High. They were the only two to go to a four year college or military (my brother went to WSU after he got out of the marines, then became a policeman, now a detective).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577238[/ATTACH]

My next older sister and I somehow ended up in the same job, just different locations, twice! Even though we took very different routes to get there. We were both electricians, but now we both hold jobs in a similar, but different, and still hands-on field.

As for our fabrics...
One of my sister's hobbies is working on airplanes. She goes away every year for a couple weeks to work on one she co-sponsers with a large group.

I love to travel, so my fabric is travel related. Before my last trip to Europe, I asked my mom to make a scarf for me, so that I could use it when needed (in a church, to block the sun, to drape over my purse to keep zippers even less accessible, etc). This fabric is the scrap from one of those scarves. I had to ask my mom for it, without telling her why! It's just "a project I'm working on".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577239[/ATTACH]

My little brother has always been into music. While the rest of us all took band, my little brother "lives" music much more than the rest of us. He's still working on landing his desired career (as a pastor), but music will always be a big part of his life.
Attached Thumbnails v-k.jpg   d-me.jpg   s.jpg