View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Endora

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Which method of feeding did you rely on when raising your family?
I'm raising my family now, (expecting #2 in a month!) and I am big on breastfeeding. I was actually hoping to tandem nurse, as my eldest will only be 17 mon. old by the time the new Baby is born. But by 8 weeks into pregnancy, nursing was causing contractions, so my midwife told me to stop cold turkey. My daughter was already eating some solids, but I cried all day the first day of weaning!

- Any particular reason as to why you chose one over the other?
I believe it is better for both mother and baby, and it is free! A huge bonus! I am a follower of the LaLeLeague ideas, so I could give a list why I think it's better, but I won't

- Did anyone make their own homemade formula and baby food?
My daughter didn't like my cooking at first, so store bought organic baby food it was for the first few meals.
- Did you use glass or plastic baby bottles?
I used glass bottles for any expressed milk I had. I always had plenty of milk!

- Did anyone opt for the smaller 4 oz bottles at the start?
Yes.

- As an added question, did you use cloth or vinyl bibs at feeding time?
I use both. Whatever is closest!

Thanks for this thread! I would love to also know how many women had midwives and unmedicated births? I'm due next month, so babies and births are on my mind This is my second birth through the local birthing center and I'm so grateful to God for my midwives and their care.
No midwife here, just my mom and MIL when a new baby was born, which was a huge help for me, especially when it was baby #3 and #4. Having an extra set of hands to feed, bathe, and change diapers helped me get the rest I needed after9 months of carrying.

As for medication, I had an epidural for all of my children (two caesareans).

What kind of diapers are you using, NZQuilter?