View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 09:53 AM
NZquilter

I still have had no success in removing the setting screw, even after soaking it in the PBblaster all week. I've tried every 'gentle' removal method suggested here and I appreciate all the help! My DH and I have decided we will try drilling it off, as that is now looking like our only option. This is going to be my FMQ machine, so I really want it up and running soon.

But I think I found an explanation as to why this screw has been so 'screwed' (pun intended). Yesterday I found two mismatching screws that I know are supposed to be matching. One was too long for it's hole and it was a hexagon shaped bolt!! And I was actually able to take it out with just my fingers. So some 'well meaning soul' has been just popping screws that 'fit' into this poor girl... I'm guessing that the setting screw on the chrome knob has been forcefully drilled in at some point. What do you all think?

I know this machine has only had one owner, but it came with a little service sticker from a service shop that is now long since been closed down. (I googled it; it was actually a private house.) I'm wondering if it was the service shop who did the damage?... Anyway, I found it interesting.

Last edited by NZquilter; 07-30-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added comment