Old 08-11-2017, 04:43 AM
Olik

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Yes rare. I have an electric like it so it is neat to see one set up to treadle. I'd like to see a close up of it with that front belt guard removed. What does the upper front look like where the belt goes inside? What do the chain stitching parts look like? Did you try chain stitching?
Hi all! I wasn't getting updates on answers to my original post so wasn't aware of the interest. Sorry about that, but I know now: )

Miriam, I will take some pics of the areas you asked for & post them shortly. As for chaining it works as it should. You need the appropriate throat plate of course, (503599) & the correct (hooked) 'bobbin case.' (503602)

As for raising it to fit my long legs, I don't think I can alter the cabinet to raise the table as you can on the traditional cast iron treadle base. I'm quite frustrated by that!! The cabinet is Italian made & quite beautiful to my eye. I've got some more details on my website here, if anyone is interested. A good few other interesting SMs also on there. And a contacts page, & if I can help in any way I certainly will: )

I love the slants & have ca 7 currently. Pity the 431s can't treadle....

Today I'm working on a very nice 319K, but will check this thread regularly from now on: )

Keep treadling.
John, in UK.