Thread: Overdrive
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by Watson
Be careful with "free" Kindle books. I signed up for that and after a few months, they started charging my VISA for a subscription.

Originally Posted by SusieQOH
The only free books on Amazon that I know of are the Kindle first- and that's one per month if you have Prime.
The free Kindle books I'm talking about are not part of anything you have to sign up for. You simply look for the kind of books you enjoy - suspense, romance, westerns, mystery, etc. Then sort by price. There are a lot that you can "purchase" for free, no strings attached, no sign-ups, nothing. I've purchased probably 50+ free books for my Kindle in the last couple of years and never been charged any kind of fee.

Here's an example: I searched for "mystery books", then sorted by price, and bingo! free Kindle books. I scrolled down 10 pages of free listings before I got bored and quit looking. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1...qid=1502943411

The listings do change; my friend got a free book and recommended it, but when I went to get it 2 weeks later, it was no longer free.