View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Faintly Artistic

Default Fabric storage w/ shelf buddies

I posted recently about putting fabric on comic boards. Thought I'd post before and midway pics. So much more organized...I can see everything! While doing this, I ran into the problem of being able to fit 2 rows of mini bolts on a shelf, 1 behind the other; it was either waste the space or not be able to see the ones in back. Got to thinking about how I could raise the height of the ones in back (like the can shelves you can get for your pantry). Looked at Wally World, but nothing grabbed me. I asked the hubby if cardboard height extenders would be strong enough. He offered to make them for me (knew he would do a better looking job and they'd be sturdier!). So, here's what he came up with...he did buy the cardboard display boards at WM, he thought they'd look better than piecing together old boxes from the garage which is what I (family cheapskate) would have done.

The first pic is my 2 shelves of fabric before. I never could fit the batiks in here, now they have a home. The 2nd pic is midway through the process, you can see the shelf buddy in that one. The last 2 pics are close ups of his engineering job.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579310[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579311[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579312[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579313[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fabric-before.jpg   fabric-after.jpg   shelf-buddy.jpg   shelf-buddy-detail.jpg