View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 05:51 AM
Janeen
Banned

:-) I'm enjoying this 'thread'.. :wink:

As I said in my intro - I have a huge stash - and the reason I have a huge stash is, I'm trying to get as many fabrics (quilts) as possible before the following:
1 - we get too old to go running around to get fabric - as I said, we are in our 60s plus we are out in the 'boonies'... no fabric stores within 100 miles. I have 'health issues' that's going to make it very hard for me as I get older to go running around - rats..

2 - the price of fabric is going to be going up and up because of fuel and frankly we can't afford this $8 and up material

3 - fabric stores possibly closing

4 - (and the most important) I LOVE IT

I guess that place wouldn't accept any quilts I make either... I think every one I've ever made is a little cattywampus.... and let's not discus the backs on quilts I'm learning to stipple on.... sigh
I can't hand quilt anymore - my hands hurt and cramp right away.. I did manage to hand sew the binding on this last one tho... but quilting a whole quilt is out of the question.
I am in a "homemakers" service club - we do projects for the nursing homes, hospice, newborns, etc etc and the quild I joined does also - we're going to be doing two charity quilts for the Local AARC and something else to sell to raise money.