Old 08-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

I will have to check JoAnn's for that fusible. Is it the one put out by Apliquick? Do you have the name of it?

I tried the Sewline glue pen because, like you, I like the narrowness of it compared to glue sticks. However, it didn't work all that well for me. Was a little dry and not tacky enough. To my horror, I also found out it dried very quickly when I failed to cap it tightly. It works well for piecing, to "glue pin" seams without having to go to the ironing board to heat set (which is what I do when I use Elmer's school glue). I've been reluctant to try other brands as I suspect they all use the same factories for production and just stick different labels on. However, I may have to bite the bullet and order every one. I'm doing that with glue sticks first, as it's less expensive. If I can't find the perfect glue stick, I will have to try to find the perfect glue pen.

I switched from YLI nylon filament to Superior's Bottom Line. I forgot about the microquilter thread. I bet that would show even less. Thanks for reminding me to get some! What color do you use?

Edit: I will probably never use tools to turn the fabric. I'm really good at using just my thumb and fingernail. Harriet Hargrave had really good tips and photos that helped me get good at that. So the Apliquick tools do not interest me. However, I have wondered about their foundation fusible and glue pens.

Last edited by Prism99; 08-30-2017 at 09:28 PM.