View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 01:29 PM
nlpakk

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Here is a picture - I've gotten as far as doing a few inches of straight stitching.

The upgrade was included in the price, though the dealer has to order it in for me.

This is such a "culture shock" for me since the last time I bought a brand new sewing machine to be my "main" machine was 1980. I am "technology challenged". I've had the same smart phone for 5 years and have not figured it out (if I need to do something different, I call my son and ask him) I don't know how to use our TV (DH has to) and I've never even figured out the new dishwasher.

I've watched a few videos, and want to take out my "crazy quilt" that I've not worked on in about 8 months and play with decorative stitches.
Last time I bought a new machine was in Dec. of 1979 and it was a Pfaff 1209 which I still use and it has never broken down other than the needle threader which hubby installed a new one for me. I'm into vintage machines now but do miss my needle threader! About 3 years ago I did buy a used Pfaff Expression 2.0 which I like a lot for FMQ but unfortunately at the moment it needs to go to the SM doctor. Obviously not lasting as well as the 1209!